The question I am most often asked by indie filmmakers is, “How can I get my film distributed?”
I answer this question with another question: “In making your film, have you followed the 50/50 Rule, which is to allocate 50% of your budget to making your film and 50% of your budget to marketing your film?”
You risk wasting a great deal of money and your time if you do not follow the 50/50 Rule. Let me put it another way: Making your film is only half the job. The other half is marketing your film.
In a recent speech to the industry, Bob Iger, CEO of Disney, hit the nail right on the head: “It’s one thing to be as fortunate as we are to have Disney, ABC, ESPN. Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and Lucasfilm in our inventory. But, in today’s world, distribution pipes are close to becoming just as valuable.”
It’s vital to follow the 50/50 Rule because the good old days of hooking up with a distributor, who gives you a fat up-front payment and covers all these marketing costs, are over. Unless you have a track record and a few big-name stars in your film, the chances of landing a great distributor today are nearly nil.
Our CINEMAflix DISTRIBUTION Program offers you an easy, inexpensive way to cover that 50% marketing cost. For one set price, we’ll provide you with all the services you’ll need to launch your film successfully:
* A full one-week run in a major art house theater in New York or Los Angeles. You’ll get a minimum of 4 shows per day and you’ll also keep 100% of the box office income.
* The services of our publicist to contact the film critics, write and send press releases, set up interviews, target appropriate organizations and institutions, and compile and distribute production notes.
* Market your film to the major digital outlets like iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Google, and Sony.
* Market your film to domestic and international TV and cable networks.
* Market your film to the major DVD wholesalers servicing retail chains, schools, colleges, libraries, and military installations.
The total cost for the entire package is $9,900.00 for New York and $9,000.00 for Los Angeles.
Check out our website, www.cinemaflixdistribution.com
, for more details.