Check the Academy’s website, www.oscars.org, for details about their requirements.
We offer an Oscar Qualifying Package for documentaries and feature films. Documentaries require a one-week run in both New York and Los Angeles. A feature film requires a one-week run only in Los Angeles.
The NY Oscar Qualifying Package Includes:
- Theatrical Run. A full one-week run at the Cinema Village, four shows per day. The first show cannot begin before 12:00 noon and the last show cannot start after 10:00 p.m. You’ll keep 100% of the box office income. In Los Angeles, the film will be booked in a Laemmle theater.
- Projection. In DCP. You must provide the hard drive.
- Publicist. Our well-connected publicist will contact the film critics, write and mail press releases, pitch for interviews, and compile and distribute production notes. The Academy requires that the film be reviewed either in New York (The New York Times) or Los Angeles (The Los Angeles Times).
- Ad. As required by the Academy, a 1″ x 2″ ad will be placed in Time Out New York and the LA Weekly. An additional cost may be charged if either publication increases its rate or ceases to publish its print edition.
- Digital Platforms. Your film will be encoded and submitted to the major digital platforms. Click digital platforms.
- No Risk DVD Sales. DVDs of your film will be marketed to retail chains, schools, colleges, and libraries. Your film will be prepared and placed on secure servers, making it available for purchase and/or distribution on an on-demand basis. No inventory to maintain, no warehousing, no missed business opportunities, no waste. Click DVD Sales.
- Cable VOD. Your film will be encoded and submitted to Time Warner Cable (Spectrum) and Comcast (Xfinity). Click Cable VOD outlets.
- Confirmation Letter. Confirmation letters required by the Academy will be provided.
COST- NEW YORK PACKAGE:
Theater #1 (156 seats): $14,900.00
Theater #2 or Theater #3 (67 seats): $13,100.00
COST- LOS ANGELES PACKAGE: $10,500.00